Dr. Janna Levanto
“I offer a gentle and comprehensive approach when caring for clients struggling with stress, pain, hormonal issues and digestive conditions. I look for the root cause of symptoms, and combine a variety of treatment strategies to help your body heal itself. I choose treatments that get results and that are based in science in physiology.”
- Graduate of the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Member of the Ontario Association of Naturopathic Doctors
- Member of the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors
- Executive board member for the Board for the Canadian school of Natural Nutrition
- Medical travel volunteer in Haiti, Thailand, Nicaragua, and Cambodia
- stress, anxiety, depression
- sleep issues
- acute and chronic pain
- migraines, headaches
- weight management
- cough, colds
- digestive conditions (i.e constipation,
- bloating, heartburn)
- hormonal issues (i.e. thyroid, PCOS,
- heart health
- skin condition
- Botanical Medicine
- Nutritional Counselling
- Lifestyle & Exercise Counselling
- Physical Medicine/Chiropractic/Massage
- Diagnostic Testing: Food Sensitivity, Hormone Panel
How it Works
Your first visit with Dr. Janna takes about 60-90 minutes. At this appointment Dr. Janna will gather information about your health history, perform any necessary physical exams, and might recommend lab tests in order to properly diagnose your condition(s).
Once there is a clear understanding of your diagnoses and underlying cause, Dr. Janna will recommend an individualized treatment plan. She will explain what treatments she would like to use, explain how they can help relieve your symptoms, and will answer any questions that you have.
Follow-up visits are generally 30-60 minutes, and Dr. Janna will schedule these as needed. These visits allow Dr. Janna to monitor how well the treatment is working and to readjust the plan as necessary.
Being part of an integrative healthcare team, Dr. Janna will consult and collaborate with other team members at the clinic, and can be in touch with your family doctor. She may refer you to the Psychotherapist for stress related conditions, or to the Nutritionist to help you with meal planning and recipes. She will explain your unique plan to all clinicians involved in your care, and will maintain ongoing communication about your progress.
Dr. Janna enjoys travel, being in nature, cooking, and gardening. She is also a personal trainer, a certified Yoga and Spin instructor, and has a tiny, devilishly sweet, black cat named Pixie.