?I understand that living with certain medical conditions can really impact your ability to perform regular daily tasks such as eating, cooking, working, staying organized and taking care of one?s home and family. My goal is to help you be able to perform all the activities that are important to you independently. I am passionate about showing you novel ways of doing things and/or recommending specific aids that could assist you. I am excited to help you increase their self-confidence and life enjoyment.?
- Master?s degree of Occupational Therapy from the University of Toronto
- Licensed with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Active member of the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists
- Member of the World Federation of Occupational Therapists.
- traumatic brain injury
- Parkinsons Disease
- Dementia (including Alzheimers Disease)
- chronic pain
- arthritis and fibromyalgia
- Cognition, Memory, Decision Making Skills
- Energy Conservation
- Fine Motor Skills (e.g. writing, holding a fork)
- Gross Motor Skills (e.g,.washing hair, getting dressed[DR3] )
- Ergonomic Assessments
How it Works
Initial visits are 60 minutes and are completed either in your home or in our office. During this visit Joanne will take the time to understand the challenges that interfere with daily activities and will help her clients identify the unique goals that are important to them. Joanne will then propose a treatment plan that will help you meet your goals.
The number of follow-up visits depends on the type and number of goals you have and may take place in the clinic or in the your home. Follow-up visits are usually 60 minutes in length and provide a chance for Joanne to monitor progress and to help you overcome obstacles to learning new skills.
During therapy Joanne may become aware of physical or emotional issues that need to be addressed by another healthcare professional. With their consent, she may refer her clients to see another health care professional, including a Naturopathic Doctor or a Psychotherapist to overcome these issues. Joanne will ensure that you have the right team in place for your care, that you understand the role of each practitioner, and that there is open communication about your progress.
Joanne is the mother of 3 adorable children, and enjoys reading, cooking and spending time in nature.