Who should seek chiropractic care?
Chiropractic is a primary care wellness option – meaning you can visit a chiropractor without referral from any other health care provider.
People who can benefit from chiropractic care include:
- Those with low back or pelvic pain – if you have acute (short-term) or chronic (prolonged), achy or sharp pain in your back, pelvis or legs you should consider a chiropractic assessment
- Those with neck pain – neck pain is on the rise with increased use of technology… so much so that there’s even a term for it now – ‘tech neck’. Chiropractic can provide relief with hands-on therapy, exercise advice and ergonomic suggestions
- Those that suffer headaches – There are a multitude of different types of headaches; cervicogenic (originating in the neck), tension type, and migraine to name only a few. Across the spectrum, research shows that chiropractic care can lessen severity and decrease frequency of attacks
- Those with arthritis, diabetes or other chronic conditions – chiropractors are great collaborative health team participants to help address the stiffness and discomfort that is part of chronic illness
- Those with shoulder, knee, wrist, ankle or elbow pain – chiropractors are trained to assess and treat dysfunctions in all joints, including those of the extremities. Relief from discomfort and return to pain-free function are the simultaneous goals of these interventions.
- Those who’ve experienced a traumatic accident or injury – prompt intervention and rehabilitation after a car accident or other injury often results in a shortened healing time
- Those dealing with sustained stress, depression or mental health challenges – the brain and body are connected… pain/feeling unwell affects mood and mental functioning and vice versa. Chiropractic care can be a vital part of overall wellness care.
- Those that wonder if chiropractic is right for them – there is a vast spectrum of conditions that can be impacted positively by chiropractic care. If you wonder whether your particular concern is one of them, it’s worth finding out!
What you can expect from a Chiropractic visit?
Prior to your first visit, you will be asked to complete an Intake Questionnaire that gives your doctor a snapshot of your current health concerns and your wellness goals, your medical history and your wellness habits. This will be reviewed prior to your appointment and summarized with you in person.
Your Initial Visit, which normally lasts 40-60 minutes is a continuation of the information gathering process. In addition to reviewing your concerns and goals, a targeted physical exam will be completed and you will have plenty of opportunity to ask questions and learn about your doctor, techniques that might be used, and what treatment might feel like. If you and the doctor agree that it’s prudent, you will likely begin treatment during your Initial Visit.
Your first Subsequent Visit is all about making a plan. Your doctor will summarize what was learned from the history and examination and collaboratively you will form a treatment plan. This includes what treatment method will be used, optimal frequency of care, and anticipated results. You will also determine when and how these results will be re-evaluated. At home care or exercise recommendations may also be discussed at this or any follow-up visit.
At all times you should feel like an equal (in fact most-important) partner in your care. Wellness works best as a collaboration. Questions and feedback are always welcome.
Actual method of treatment is customized for each individual. Care appropriate for a toddler or octogenarian is necessarily different than that for a performance athlete. Your doctor’s goal is always to keep you comfortable while being effective.
Chiropractic care at Dynamic Health will always be hands-on using the techniques of Diversified (short quick thrusts over restricted joints with the goal of restoring normal range of motion) and Bio Energetic Synchronization/BEST (non-forceful energy balancing procedure meant to re-establish the body’s full healing potential) in combination with muscle stretching and relaxation techniques combined with mobilization.
The goal of treatment is to address all of the causes of interference to best-functioning of the nervous system (and therefore the body): trauma, toxins and thought.
Who offers this service?
Dr. Alisa Blumberg
Dr. Alisa is passionate about healing that is holistic, natural and self directed. She believes whole-heartedly in every body’s ability to heal itself when interference is removed. Her mission is to educate and empower people on their journey towards optimal health and absolute wellness. She knows personally the effect of believing you’re stuck in a body that’s lost the ability to function without pain, has experienced treatment that eliminated that discomfort (and the accompanying belief) both from the physical and energetic/belief side of care, and is committed to bringing that level of freedom and relief to as many people as seek her care.
Your health matters
Not sure where to start?