Mindfulness & Relaxation Training
Focusing one’s attention and feeling relaxed can often be challenging tasks. However, in order to ensure optimal health and wellbeing one must be in a state of calm, comfort, deep rest, focused awareness and spiritual renewal. We know that stress can cause increased physical, mental and emotional tension and that this can often lead to stress related illnesses. Mindfulness & Relaxation Training helps you tap into your nervous systems ability to rejuvenate and restore your body.
- Autogenic Training
What are the benefits?
- Centred and calm presence
- Decreased anxiety
- Ease muscle tension and pain
- Decrease fatigue
- Improve sleep
- Increase your ability to tolerate pain
- Improve immune system function
- Increased ability to cope with stress
- Develop self-compassion
- Focus and concentration
How often do I have to come?
Each person has different needs, and may want to see an individual practitioner or join one of our group training sessions.
Who provides this service?
Different practitioners in the clinic offer this service and each have a unique set of skills to offer.
Leah Weisberg, RN BScN BC-NC
Nurse Psychotherapist & Coach
- Specializes in mindfulness meditation practices, progressive muscle relaxation, breathwork and guided imagery.
Michal Goldstein, MSW RSW
- Utilizes mindfulness theory and techniques to support clients in coping better with their life stressors during counselling sessions.
Deborah Miller, M.Ed., ACC, CCDP
Life & Career Coach
Each person requires a unique approach to treatment.
Not sure where to start?